Pakistan is a country which has been in a long run of energy crisis since last decades. There is about 5000 MW electricity shortage to meet the domestic demands. Considering the impending demand of electricity, the current federal government decided to complete a good number of projects till the mid of 2018. It is expected that with the completion of 13 small and medium size power projects about 5000 MW energy will be added to the main grid. These 13 power projects are of different nature. Three out of total are LNG run, two are nuclear fired, two are gas-fired, four are hydropower base and remaining is coal-based. Detail of them is given below. But still, Pakistan is running out of enough number of powerhouses which can fulfill the need of required grids. But the Govt of Pakistan is currently working on Power Projects of Pakistan in 2018 to overcome load shedding. In the following side, we are discussing about these projects details. So keep on reading to get these details.
Power Projects Of Pakistan In 2018 To Overcome Load Shedding
Hydro Power Projects:
- (Neelum Jhelum): Neelum Jhelum hydropower project is being constructed on river Neelum. It is among the power projects of Pakistan which are going to be completed in 2018. It has total power generation capacity of 969mw.
- ( Terbela Four Extension): It is installed on Jhelum dam. It has a total capacity of 1410 MW. Donor agency for this project is World Bank. Total cost for this construction is 914 million$.
LNG Power Projects:
Three projects run by LNG are being installed at different sites namely, Bhikki, Haveli-Bahadur and Baloki with a total capacity of 3600 MW
- Sahiwal coal project: Total power generation capacity of this power project is 1320 MW. It is built with the help of China.
- Port Qasim Power Plant: It is also a coal-fired power project which is located at Qasim port. It will add about 1320 MW electricity to the national grid till the mid of 2018. It is a co-project of both China and Pakistan
Gas Power Plants:
- Nandipur Gas Power Plant: Nandipur gas power plant is located at Nandipur in Gujranwala. Its total power generation capacity is 100 MW. It is constructed with the help of a china company namely Dongfang electric corporation
- Faisalabad Gas Power Project: Total power generation capacity of this project is 250mw.It has a total of 9 units.
These are the current working based power projects of Pakistan in 2018 to overcome load shedding!