Question: Smallest Barrage In Pakistan Is
- jinnah barrage Spillway capacity 950,000 cu ft/s
- chashma barrage Spillway capacity 31,000,000 cu ft/s
- Taunsa Barrage Spillway capacity 1,000,000 cu ft/s
- guddu barrage Spillway capacity 12,00,000 cu ft/s
- Sukkur Barrage Spillway Capacity 11,30,000 cu ft/s
- kotri Barrage Spillway Capacity 875,000 cu ft/s
Answer: kotri Barrage Spillway Capacity 875,000 cu ft/s
Smallest Barrage In Pakistan Is kotri Barrage
The online secondary data analysis shows the above given different barrages spillway capacity. The Kotri Barrage Spillway capacity is 875,000 cu ft/s, therefore it is known as the smallest barrage in Pakistan. It is used for the water flow control in the river Indus for irrigation and flood control purposes. The Ghulam Muhammad barrage is another name of the barrage. Kotri Barrage location is Indus River but near the Hyderabad. Sindh is the big territory known for the Kotri barrage. It was built in 1932 but opened in 1955.
Smallest Barrage In Pakistan Is
Check Out: Proposed Dams In Pakistan
The navigation lock at barrage makes in unique of its own kind in this area. It has 44 bays, and each bay is 18 meter. Its length is 1.6 Km with 875,000 cu ft/s capacity. It can bear flood with 43.1 feet height. Fulleli, Pinyari And Kolari Canals are direct feeders of this barrage. The five million acres of land foodstuff and crops benefited from the barrage.